Monday, October 29, 2012

It has been a long time since my last post.  I have been very busy with the growth of my gym, as well as my own training.  Since last time I posted, I had been training by doing 3-4 CrossFit with running and biking workouts in preparation of triathlon competitions.  I have competed in 4 Sprint distance triathlons this year and I have gotten better results with each one.  Finishing the last 2 in the top 10 and top 15, respectfully.  Not quite the top 10 results I was getting 10 years ago, but I will take those results for now.  Especially, not going into the pool to train for no more than 3 times all season.  Needless to say, that's where I had the most glaring weakness in my game.  Over all, I'm happy with my triathlon racing season. 

As I have been doing more cycling in preparation for tri's, I started to really love riding my bike again.  It has a very therapeutic affect on me and my psyche.  I also love the elevation in my fitness riding has helped me achieve.  The challenge of bettering my time up a specific climb, getting my HR up to a certain number and holding it there for a few seconds longer are all part of the appeal cycling has brought me.  It really sparked my competitive juices once again.  In so much, that I have started bicycle racing again.  Just this past weekend I entered and competed in a cyclocross race.  (I'll post a video for you below, if you're unfamiliar with this sport.)  I had a blast and I can't wait to race some more. 

I cannot thank my CrossFit training enough for the success I had in my very first cyclocross races.  I knew it would help, as one of the coaches at my gym has been doing these types of races for years, but I witnessed first hand how a 35 minute AMRAP would be the equivalent to a Category C cyclocross race.  These short, in bike racing terms, intense races, over a wide variety of obstacles and terrain, are instantly transferable from my CrossFit training.  The thought of being able to do a CrossFit workout on a bicycle is like mixing Nutella and Peanut Butter in the same jar.  They were almost made for each other.  Who would have thought. 
 
I will post a few more examples of specific training sessions to let you see exactly what I am doing in preparation for upcomimg races and further CF competitions.  Even the Open.  Well, we'll see about that one.

Watch the video here:

1 comment:

  1. If you want to earn more when you become a therapist or holistic practitioner, then it would
    make sense to have an open mind and move away from the
    mindset of treating your private practice as though it is
    a hobby, right. During tough phases of life, you need someone with
    whom you can share your marital problems openly. They
    also require cardiac and physical rehabilitation.
    My homepage ... overcoming unemployment depression

    ReplyDelete