Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I have been putting in some quality miles on my bicycle this past week.  In all, I have put in about 11 hours and that has added up to about 160 miles.  It feels good to do that amount of volume right now, hopefully I will get to 200+ per week around summer time.  I am still getting in 4 - 5 CrossFit workouts a week, but these are intended for maintaining that side of the my fitness equation.  I can feel that my excessive volume in CF workouts over the past 2 years has interfered with quality recovery. I'm going to allow for the next 2 months to focus on that aspect my fitness program.  Make it a slow build up for next year.

You older guys out there might like this story.  In case you don't know this, in bicycle racing, CAT 1/2/3 races are usually top amateur racers.  These guys are young and hungry.  Almost dare devilish.  Mr. Moser must be late 50's, early 60's.  Good stuff.
Gallery: Francesco Moser Jumps In New York Race | Cyclingnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment