Sunday, March 11, 2012

CrossFit Games Open Workout 12.3
AMRAP in 18 Minutes of:
15 Box Jumps 24"
12 Push Press 115#
9 Toes to Bar

Results: 7 Rounds + 15 BJ + 9 PP= 276 Reps
This workout was nothing but a grind. It was in that time domain that is nothing but a mental game. Do you have the mental toughness to stay moving and grind rep after rep while fatigued. The limiter for me was the Push Press. I straight setted the first 2 rounds and then split them up 7/5 the next 2 rounds. After that, I went 6/6. The issue was leg fatigue, not shoulders. The one thing that I observed from my performance is that, compared to last year, my fitness level is not as high. I can't quite put my finger on the reason why, but it has left me a little flat going into these workouts. Like I said before, I'm not going to kill myself to stay in the top 10, I just want to qualify for the Games a third time. I'm sitting on the bubble, right now. Last week's workout put me way behind the rest of the contenders. That 1 rep. I'm going to notch the intensity of my training the next few days to try and get a little sharper for tha last 2 workouts. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment